On behalf of cardiothoracic surgeon Dr. Ehsan Natour and vascular surgeon Prof. dr. M. Jacobs from the Heart+Vascular Center Maastricht, it is our great pleasure to invite you to participate at the cardiovascular course during the 23rd European Vascular Course, which will take place on March 10-12, 2019 in Maastricht, the Netherlands.
This year, in addition, to more than 60 workshops and numerous master classes organized in open and endovascular techniques, we organize dedicated HANDS-ON workshops for open repair of aortic root, ascending aorta and aortic arch, including 40 training stations supervised by aortic experts, with models to learn:
- aortic valve replacement
- aortic valve repair with subvalvular ring implantation
- aortic root patch enlargement (Manouguian procedure)
- aortic root replacement (Bentall procedure)
- valve sparing aortic root replacement (David / Yacoub procedure)
- ascending aortic replacement
- debranching of supra-aortic vessels
- total arch replacement (with classical and frozen elephant trunk technique)
Our special guest speaker: Pieter van den Hoogenband, who is a former world champion swimmer and multiple Olympic gold medal winner. He was recently assigned as “Chef de Mission” of the Dutch Olympic Team. He will share with us his fantastic and inspiring journey to achieve the highest level of goals and ambitions by training, teamwork and continuous improvement.
We welcome you to join us at this great training event where you can learn more in three days than in any other time frame!